TIPS TO KEEP BRAIN HEALTHY AND ACTIVE
To stay healthy, we need to keep your brain healthy and active and hence, we recommend following these tips:
1. Healthy diet. A diet rich in vitamins and nutrients positively influences our cognitive processes, improving brain function and providing energy. For example, salmon, nuts, tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries and vegetables help us strengthen memory and concentration. In addition, it is recommended not to consume too much caffeine or sugar. Like the body musculature, the brain needs to exercise to stay healthy.
2. Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Alcohol reduces brain mass and affects its chemical reactions, so it is better not to abuse its consumption. On the other hand, the tobacco can generate a serious cellular damage in the brain, favoring the loss of memory, the lack of concentration and the appearance of certain disorders.
3. Physical exercise. Moderate exercise is essential to keep the brain healthy, active and in good condition. With physical activity helps us clear the mind, reducing stress and anxiety. Just walk thirty minutes a day, up and down stairs, a little bike, etc. Disciplines such as yoga or tahiti are also very advisable.
4. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep makes it difficult for us to generate new memories and assimilate what has been learned during the day. Experts recommend a minimum of eight hours of sleep per day, otherwise our brain functions may be altered. It is also important to lie down and wake up at about the same time each day to keep your brain healthy.
5. Exercise the mind. Like the musculature of the rest of the body, the brain needs to exercise to keep fit. It is therefore important to impose challenges such as learning languages, studying, learning to play an instrument, reading or writing. In this way we improve our cognitive abilities and prevent memory loss. There are also activities specially designed for this purpose, such as tests, games, crafts, etc.
6. Leisure time. Relaxation, fun and a sense of humor help release stress, which in turn benefits the correct brain activity. Therefore it is important to reserve a time for the day to take a bath, going out with friends, watching TV, etc. In the long run, we will notice an improvement in our memory and concentration.