DO YOU KNOW THESE BENEFITS OF MILLET SEEDS?
Millet is a cereal, a small seed or yellow grain with a huge amount of essential nutrients and minerals ideal for maintaining an iron health. The great advantage of millet consumption is that it does not contain gluten , which means that it can be consumed by celiacs with total peace of mind.
Benefits of millet for our organism
The benefits of millet for our health are many, these are its main properties:
- It has abundant fiber, perfect for regulating our intestines.
- It contributes a considerable quantity of magnesium to the organism, mineral necessary for the correct functioning of the muscles and the nervous system. In fact it is considered that millet is useful in the fight against muscle pain, fatigue and nervous system disorders.
- Other minerals and oligoelements contributed by millet are: zinc, phosphorus, potassium, iron and calcium.
- Having an abundant portion of carbohydrates is a source of heat, energy and vitality.
- It contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6 and folic acid, essential for pregnancy and lactation.
Millet has phenols, which work as antioxidants and, therefore, contributes to the prevention of degenerative diseases.
- For vegetarians it is a necessary substitute for other products since it has methionine and other essential amino acids that are often deficient in this type of diet.
- It is useful to fight against insomnia, depression, anxiety and even hyperactivity thanks to the minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids it contains.
- In addition, millet has anti-inflammatory properties in intestinal areas reducing the frequency of diseases or the severity of their signs.
How to consume millet?
At the time of consuming it, it must be taken into account that this cereal takes a long time to be made , around three quarters of an hour. However, it is recommended that if we are going to take care of ourselves, we should do it seriously and dedicate at least one hour to cooking millet on a low heat.
We just have to boil it and once it is ready to mix it in different dishes or create new ones from this cereal. For example, we could make millet salad, stuffed croquettes, cakes … Dozens of combinations to enjoy!
Do you dare to consume millet and enjoy all its properties and benefits ?