Of all the forms, all the colors, the mushrooms fascinate by their diversity. It is rightly fearful poisonous, while edible delight us the taste buds. Going to mushroom picking is a special moment that can be shared with the family. This is an opportunity to walk outdoors and make a meal with unique flavors. Mushrooms also have virtues – rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber … – but beware of poisoning!
As Sacha Guitry said, “There were twelve of us at the table. Overnight, a plate of mushrooms left me alone in the world. (Memoirs of a Cheater, 1935).
REMINDER ON FUNGI
The poisoning related to the consumption of mushrooms are not innocuous and whatever the period of the picking take care not to confuse the edibles and to fill your basket of mushrooms by toxic. For example, between 1 July and 17 August 2014, the Institute for Public Health Surveillance (InVS) has already listed 240 cases of poisoning! With four serious cases and one death! 
1. View a mushroom picking calendar or the NFB mushroom directory
2. Collect only mushrooms you know absolutely
3. If in doubt, check with the help of a specialist (pharmacists, associations, mycology companies) before consuming them
4. Prefer the specimens in good condition by removing the foot and hat of the mushroom
5. A perfect picking is done in an unpolluted site like the edges of roads, the industrial areas, the dumps, … (true “vacuum cleaners”, the mushrooms concentrate the pollutants)
6. Once your basket of mushrooms is loaded, take care to separate them by species to prevent an unfortunate poisonous mushroom from contaminating the others.
7. To store them separately, put them in a box or cardboard box (avoid plastic bags that accelerate decay)
8. After the harvest take care to wash your hands carefully
9. Store them in the refrigerator and consume them within 2 days maximum after picking or make jars for consumption at other times of the year
10. To eat exclusively cooked! Sufficient cooking and above all never raw!
11. Avoid offering mushrooms picked to babies and young children
12. In case of symptoms after a meal with mushrooms picked, do not delay (effects usually occurring within 12 hours after consumption). The consequences of intoxication by toxic fungi are serious such as severe digestive disorders, or liver damage that can lead to a transplant). Some poisoning can be fatal. Contact the poison control and toxicology control center in your area, or the ER (UAS 15), or your doctor without delay.